Cooking With Kids Series

Hot Buttered Pretzels

Cooking is a life skill everyone should have. If you know how to create one or two simple meals, you won't starve. Once you learn how to create those one or two meals, you have opened the door to your imagination, your creativity, and hopefully your desire to learn how to create more delicious meals.

When I became a mom of two boys, I wondered about having boys and cooking. Is this something I should do? Would they be interested in cooking? I love to cook. If I am not writing, I am in my kitchen whipping up way to much food for anyone to eat. I loved cooking for my boys, I still do, but I also wanted them to appreciate how the food got to their plate.

I believe in teaching by example, and the best example I knew how to teach them about where there food came from and how it looks and tastes the way it does, is to get them in the kitchen and share my love of cooking with them. 
 
Turns out one of my greatest joys of raising my two boys was getting them in the kitchen with me. I understand cooking with kids and be intimating, so where do you start? Start simple. Start with what they already know, touching everything! Toddlers and young kids want to touch and grab everything, so start with a recipe that gives them that. Bread.  

In my case it was this recipe right here. This is the exact recipe I started with when I started cooking with my boys. After one or two batches, we had a party and had the neighborhood kids over to make their own batch. I'll never forget that day. I have 5 eager kids over kneading dough and having a great time. It was so much fun.


The recipe is simple, just gather all the ingredients, roll up you sleeves, and have a blast. Oh, and don't forget to let me know how it goes! Remember having fun and making memories is what this is all about! 



 <a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/21566459/?claim=buj2brxu6vn">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments